Wednesday, September 10, 2008

From Joe Bermudez


FROM JOE BERMUDEZ

Here's something for you to post on your site that will answer a lot of questions:

I know most of you are rather excited for the release of Reach Out. At least that's the impression I get from all the e-mails...hehe I'm guessing most of you heard the original on her last tour? If you didn't, this is one of Hilary's edgier songs. It samples aan old Depeche Mode track and looks to do really well for her.

I did a remix of the song back in May that just kind of sat around until last week. Hollywood Records decided to call me 12 hours before I was to leave on a 5 city trip around the US to finish the remix. Because she used Personal Jesus, the song has a unique swing to the vocals which didn't make things easy. I could have just beefed up what they already did, but I got a little more creative than that and gave it a completely different 80's influence instead. I wish I had a little more time with it, but the end result came out pretty cool and definitely makes her sound sexier than the album version.

I also did a pretty sweet dub that I've been playing at my gigs all summer. It doesn't use a lot of vocals since they were hard to lock down to a crazy ass beat, but the groove really gets me going. I really hope everyone likes it.

In total, I have 7 edits on the new CD that is finally shipping next week with a Richard Vission mix to the Billboard panel and Dance radio programmers. I should have my master back this weekend and will post a clip on my Myspace and Youtube pages Monday morning for everyone to check out.

Last, but not least is the new album. While I was out in LA for the VMA's, I heard rumors that it's been pushed back until around Christmas. I am totally cool with this because for once they have decided to include one of my remixes on it. The remix I worked on for Holiday will be track 12. Personally, this is my favorite song of hers since Come Clean. The remix is pure pop delight and I think there is a chance they might go with my version to radio if Reach Out does well enough.

Anywho, I just wanted to update everyone on what's going on. I really appreciate all the support and can't wait to hear what you think of the new remixes

JB


he gave out a lot of more information than usual.

Vick From HilaryFan.com

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home